Contractors from Virginia with a Class A Certification
We understand the value of providing top-notch service and work, which is why our team makes sure to stay up to date on the latest industry knowledge, across Virginia Beach and all of Hampton Roads. To that end, ResCom Services is proud to have the following certifications:
- A holder of a Class A Contractor license in the state of Virginia
- GAF-accredited residential roofing contractor
- GAF-certified commercial roofer
- Achieved CertainTeed’s ShingleMaster designation
- Mule-Hide TPO Certified
- Registered as a SWaM vendor (Small, Women-owned, and Minority-owned business)
Significance of GAF Certification
GAF Certification is a process that attests to the quality of a roofing contractor’s work. It is a mark of assurance that the contractor has the skills, knowledge, and experience necessary to successfully install a roofing system. The certification is granted by the GAF, an organization that rates and evaluates roofing contractors. GAF Certification indicates that the contractor has been tested and approved to carry out roofing jobs, and is a sign of trustworthiness.
GAF puts forth strict expectations for those wanting to be officially certified in the use of their products and installation techniques. Being honored with the certification is one of the most sought after achievements in the roofing sector. To become certified, contractors need to attend classes and pass tests on a regular basis. Furthermore, to keep their GAF certification, roofing companies must take the following steps:
- Develop and keep up a sterling reputation for following moral business practices.
- Furnish remarkable customer service.
- Have full insurance coverage for the safety of customers.
- Record the required licensing to lawfully work in the particular state and city.
- Undertake continuous instruction, training and examinations in the GAF product line and in installation practices.
What the Small, Women-Owned, and Minority-Owned Business Certification Represents
SWaM certification is a recognition given to small, women-owned, and minority-owned businesses by the Commonwealth of Virginia. It denotes that the business has met the criteria set forth by the state and has been officially certified by the Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity. This certification opens up more opportunities for businesses to compete for state contracts and gives them access to certain resources.
ResCom Services has been a certified SWaM vendor since 2012 and is classified as a small, women-owned and/or minority-owned business. This family-run company is managed by a woman.
In 2012, Mike and Mary Thompson, with their already impressive 30+ years of experience in government services, decided to establish a new roof and exterior renovation contracting business. The Thompsons devoted their energies to make sure the company would be highly respected.
Our Aim is to Surpass Your Desires
If you’re in the market for a new roof or require a roof inspection, ResCom Services will provide you with excellent service. You can get started by completing our online contact form or by calling our dedicated team at (757) 549-2340.