Contractors from Virginia with a Class A Certification
ResCom Services is committed to offering the greatest service possible in Norfolk, VA and across Hampton Roads, so our team works hard to remain informed about the most recent industry trends. As a result, we are pleased to announce that our organization boasts the following certifications:
A blueprint for a home improvement project is depicted in the image. Its purpose is to illustrate the necessary steps that need to be taken to complete the project.
- A holder of a Class A Contractor license in the state of Virginia
- GAF-accredited residential roofing contractor
- GAF-certified commercial roofer
- Achieved CertainTeed’s ShingleMaster designation
- Mule-Hide TPO Certified
- Registered as a SWaM vendor (Small, Women-owned, and Minority-owned business)
The Value of GAF Certification
GAF Certification is a notable achievement and has a great deal of importance associated with it.
The GAF organization tests and evaluates roofing contractors to grant certification, which is a mark that confirms the contractor has the qualifications to competently install roofing systems. This certification is a symbol of trust that the contractor is reliable and has the expertise necessary to do the job. GAF Certification guarantees the quality of the contractor’s work.
For contractors who wish to gain official recognition from GAF for their product use and installation skills, they must adhere to the high standards set by the company. Being certified is a highly esteemed accomplishment in the roofing world. Prospective roofers must attend classes and pass exams to be considered for certification. Additionally, to maintain their GAF certification, roofing companies are expected to take the following steps:
- Maintain a top-notch standing for adhering to ethical business conduct.
- Provide top-notch customer service.
- Obtain the necessary insurance to ensure customers are safe.
- Possess the required licensure in order to operate in the state and municipality.
- Pursue continual education, training and assessments in the GAF product line and in installation techniques.
The Commonwealth of Virginia bestows SWaM certification on small, women-owned, and minority-owned businesses. This certification, granted by the Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity, certifies that the business has met the state’s requirements. Receiving this recognition gives businesses more chances to bid for state contracts and access certain resources.
Since 2012, ResCom Services has held the certification of SWaM vendor. It is a small business owned by a woman and/or minority with a family-run management structure.
In 2012, Mike and Mary Thompson, with their long-standing background in public services and more than 30 years of experience, decided to start up their own roof and external renovation contracting service. They worked diligently to make sure the company would be well-regarded.
For those in need of a new roof or an inspection, ResCom Services offers phenomenal service. To get started, simply fill out the online contact form found on our website or give us a call at (757) 549-2340.